Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are looking for a multitalented Executive Assistant to play a key role in supporting our growing team. The Executive Assistant will provide executive level support to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and the Chief Development Officer (CDO) as well as also support the senior management team as needed. This involves extensive and complex calendar management, travel planning, organizing and coordinating executive activities.
The ideal individual must be able to quickly prioritize and think proactively with the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, along with strong written and verbal communication, attention to detail, administrative and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the EA to CEO and other administrative assistants to promote a culture conducive to teamwork and hard work. This Executive Assistant must have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work well under pressure to handle a wide variety of tasks in a timely manner. This position is onsite full-time (no remote work).
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CMO, CSO and CDO as needed including: complex calendar management; preparing for meetings using PowerPoint presentations, arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; arranging travel for meetings and conferences; helping with budget and headcount, long-range planning
- Work closely and effectively with the C-level executives to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Confidentially manage the C-suite’s commitments and run interference with internal commitments (e.g. external Board meetings, invited talks)
- Assist EA to the CEO with coordinating and scheduling senior staff meetings
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff
- Manage conference registration, travel arrangements and expense reports for C-suite executives
- May serve as a backup to the CEO’s Executive Assistant as a liaison to the board of directors, which may include: Assisting board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Work closely with administrative team to create a cohesive and optimally functioning office
- Schedule meetings for other team members as needed
- Assist with maintaining the company conference calendar
- As member of administrative team, assist at executive off-sites, corporate and employee events
- Help plan and manage cultural company events, including happy hours, team building exercises, and giving back to the community projects
- Assist with scheduling candidate interviews and onboarding of new employees
- Assist with the ordering and maintaining of office supplies/equipment
- Help to maintain clean and well-stocked kitchens
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong work history with at least 3 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a biotech organization
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build internal and external relationships; a team player who enjoys working with people and being part of a strong team
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Box, DocuSign
Please apply at email@example.com.
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.