Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist/Sr Scientist to join the Protein Sciences group at Synthekine. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and grow with the company. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of cell and molecular biology techniques and will be responsible for designing and executing molecular biology requests in a flexible, dynamic research environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Contribute to a high functioning protein sciences group
- Lead and/or assist in the design and construction of expression constructs
- Design and analyze constructs using DNA analysis software such as Geneious
- Design and construct stable cell lines for targets of interest
- Document protocols, results and data using an electronic lab notebook like Benchling
- Accomplish goals under project team timelines
- Keep abreast of scientific literature and contribute to the scientific and research goals of the company
- Work on NGS/ library construction is a plus
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or similar fields with 2+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree with 5+ years of hands-on molecular biology experience
- Experience with basic cloning techniques such as plasmid purification, restriction enzyme digestion/ligation, non-ligase cloning techniques, next generation cloning techniques such as Gibson and Golden Gate cloning
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- Work independently as well as collaboratively
- Successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, and be able to prioritize and solve problems independently
Please apply at email@example.com.
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.