Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced scientist/cytokine biologist to join our innovative team of cytokine experts
- Discover and develop in collaboration with cytokine engineers and protein scientists, new therapeutic synthekines for cancer immunotherapy and/or chronic inflammatory diseases
- Design and execute mechanism of action, PD and other biomarker studies of engineered cytokines using methods such as cell sorting, multi-color flow-cytometry, gene expression analysis techniques, and primary cell culture
- In collaboration with protein engineer and computational biologist, support display capabilities to enhance capabilities and speed up discovery
- Collaborate with in vivo researchers to evaluate the therapeutic potential of engineered cytokines
- Communicate experimental findings accurately and concisely in both oral and written form
- Analyze, document and report laboratory data in accordance with Synthekine’s standards and procedures
- Present at group meetings, project team meetings and company-wide meetings
- Ph.D in Immunology or similar fields with 6 years post-graduate experience including postdoctoral experience
- Expertise in the fields of immunology and/or cell biology
- Hands-on experience in using cytokines and cytokine systems
- Expertise in standard immunological techniques including flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, MSD, and cytotoxicity assays
- Knowledge of molecular biology, protein expression and an understanding of protein purification
- In vivo experience preferred
- An understanding of the structural underpinnings of designer cytokines
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments
- Ability to organize and communicate complex data sets in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, good verbal skills and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.