Synthekine is a Menlo Park, CA based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing best in class cytokine therapeutics to treat cancer and autoimmunity. We use our unique insights on how cytokines bind to their receptors and tune these systems though protein engineering to generate therapeutics that have transformative potential. Synthekine was formed in 2019 and has raised $190M from leading biotech investors. We are advancing a deep pipeline of therapeutics against some of the most important cytokine targets. Come join us and help us give patients and physicians better options to treat disease and advance cytokine science along the way.
We are seeking a Vice President of Human Resources who will be the first hire to build and scale the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition function. The VP of HR will be a strong business partner, dynamic problem solver, enthusiastic coach and mentor with excellent judgment, a culture builder with demonstrated h acumen. The ideal candidate for the role has experience partnering with leadership and is eager to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and drive the overall talent acquisition strategy for the company, ensuring that the company hires best in class talent. Develop staffing strategies to source, attract and hire top talent.
- Design talent management solutions that will prepare high potential employees and leaders for more significant responsibilities and increase the effectiveness, productivity and retention of talent.
- Develop competitive compensation and benefits programs appropriate to the stage of the business. Assess total compensation plans for competitiveness against relevant companies.
- Provide guidance regarding employee relations matters. Establish credibility through the company with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver.
- Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on employees and culture. Translate the strategic business plans into HR strategic and operations plans.
- Lead the performance management process to ensure focus on business goals and development of employee capabilities and potential.
- Work with the management team to continue establishing the company’s culture.
- Run the performance review process and compensation assessment and planning process.
- Identify strategies to retain, reward, and grow existing employees.
- A proven track record of building, leading and innovating the Human Resources function with demonstrated proficiency in core HR disciplines such as: employee relations, talent management, compensation and total rewards, performance management, staffing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and tactical human resources operations.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands.
- A passion for building the HR/People function from the ground up.
- Ability to think strategically and develop scalable solutions to support company goals.
- Experience building culture and supporting Inclusion & Diversity programs.
- Experience working in a leadership position within the HR/People function at an early, high-growth stage company.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of progressive human resources experience in the biotech industry.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synthekine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.